SA / DevOps
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Talk: Critical thinking
Thinking defines us. Good thinking allows improved understanding and leads to balanced and efficient decisions. Are we good at thinking and is it possible to improve our thinking abilities?
Talk: Behind the scenes of a job-interview
What is a job interview about? What's hidden from an applicant's view inside clanking machinery of firm's recruitment processes? To what extent can applicate influence interview's outcome? How to properly prepare for interview and what take-aways there are? Let's try to find out!
Coming next year:
- Scientific Method in Computer Science
- What is System Administration?
- Inside Clouds
Engineering Job Fair
Talk: Five ideas for students
Managers have expectations even of fresh graduates, alas graduates are often unaware of what to do to meet them. This talk highlights the most wanted features of a student in the eyes of a potential manager.
Talk: Value of experience
Experience is valued, looked for, and prised. But is it necessarily beneficial? Look at the facts: people often progress way faster in a young age, when they don't have much of experience. So what's the value of experience?
Talk: Cloud-technology broad overview
The most basic overview for people who never worked with cloud solutions like Heroku/Amazon/HP Cloud:
- Simplicity of cloud provisioning and scaling: Heroku
- Insights behind workers in Heroku
- More control: provisioning with IaaS providers: Amazon
- Insights behind instances in Amazon, comparison to HP cloud + demo
- Options to scale, how to do that automatically (no demo of autoscaling)
Audience: SAs developers
Talks: Benefits of clouds
The talk is intended for audiences that have basic knowledge and experience with clouds, though have not employed more advanced features like load balancers, monitors, autoscaling, and cloud formation:
- Introduction to cover IaaS basics (make sure audience is on the same page)
- IaaS solutions scalingâload balancers
- Duplicating environments: cloud formation
- Monitoring options, some of available metrics
- Dynamic auto scaling environment that feeds from monitoring metrics
Audience: SAs developers
Talks: How to prevent clouds from turning black
Talk focuses on issues of cloud environment management and is intended for people who already use clouds but havenât yet implemented automatic ways of ensuring correct configuration, code deployments, and scaling:
- Short introduction during which we create cloud environment for our further experiments and demonstrations
- Duplicating environmentsâquick way to scale systems under load
- Addressing static nature of imagesâself-healing and auto-updating systems using configuration management (CFEngine)
- Quick-and-dirty ways for cloud environment manual orchestration
Audience: SAs developers
ÐÐµÑÐµÐ²Ð¾Ð´Ð¾Ð²: 78, ÑÑÐ°ÑÐµÐ¹: 10
The Red Queen shook her head, - You may call it "nonsense" if you
like, - she said, - but I'VE heard nonsense, compared with which that
would be as sensible as a dictionary!
- [devo.ps] Vincent Viallet, ÐÐµÑÐ²ÑÐµ 5 Ð¼Ð¸Ð½ÑÑ ÑÑÑÑÐ°Ð½ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð½ÐµÐ¿Ð¾Ð»Ð°Ð´Ð¾Ðº Ð½Ð° ÑÐµÑÐ²ÐµÑÐµ
- [agilesyadmin] Brian Henerey, Ð¡Ð¾Ð·Ð´Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ðµ DevOps-ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð°Ð½Ð´Ñ, ÑÐ°ÑÑÑ 2
- [agilesyadmin] Brian Henerey, Ð¡Ð¾Ð·Ð´Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ðµ DevOps-ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð°Ð½Ð´Ñ
- [sysadvent] Matt Simmons, 314-380-7527
- [other] Tom Limoncelli, Ð¡Ð¸ÑÐ°Ð´Ð¼Ð¸Ð½ÑÐºÐ°Ñ Ð¿ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐ°: Ð¾ÑÐ¸ÑÐ¸Ð°Ð½ÑÐºÐ° Ð¸ ÑÑÐ°ÐºÐ°Ð½ Ð²Ð¾Ð´Ñ
- [other] Patrick Debois, ÐÐµÐ²Ð¾Ð¿Ñ Ñ ÑÐ¾ÑÐºÐ¸ Ð·ÑÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐµÐ¼Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ Ð°Ð´Ð¼Ð¸Ð½Ð¸ÑÑÑÐ°ÑÐ¾ÑÐ°
- [other] Tom Limoncelli, Ð¢ÐµÑÑ ÐÐ¸Ð¼Ð¾Ð½ÑÐµÐ»Ð»Ð¸
- [other] Alan Robertson, ÐÑÐ´Ð¶ÐµÑÐ½ÑÐµ ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐµÐ¼Ñ Ð²ÑÑÐ¾ÐºÐ¾Ð¹ Ð³Ð¾ÑÐ¾Ð²Ð½Ð¾ÑÑÐ¸
- [other] Faye Coker, ÐÐ²ÐµÐ´ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Ð² SE Linux: Ð½Ð¾Ð²ÑÐ¹ SE Linux.
- [other] Edward C. Bailey Ð¸ Ð´Ñ., Uromycladium
- [other] Mark Wilkinson, ÐÐ²ÑÐ¾Ð¼Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð·Ð°ÑÐ¸Ñ Ð¿ÑÐ¾ÑÐµÑÑÐ¾Ð² ÑÐ±Ð¾ÑÐºÐ¸ Ð¸ ÑÐµÑÑÐ¸ÑÐ¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ
ÐÐµÑÐµÐ²Ð¾Ð´Ñ RedHat Magazine:
ÐÐµÑÐµÐ²Ð¾Ð´Ñ Linux Gazette:
- [lg108] William Park,Â ÐÐ¾Ð¼Ð°Ð½Ð´Ð½ÑÐ¹ Ð¸Ð½ÑÐµÑÐ¿ÑÐµÑÐ°ÑÐ¾Ñ bash Ð¸ Ð½ÐµÑÑÐ°Ð½Ð´Ð°ÑÑÐ½Ð¾Ðµ
- [lg101] Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil, 6136793882
- [lg92] Ben Okopnik, ÐÐ°ÑÑÑÐ¾Ð¹ÐºÐ° Ð¿Ð¾ÑÑÐ¾Ð²Ð¾Ð¹ ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐµÐ¼Ñ Ð² Linux.
- [lg93] Dean Wilson, ÐÐ¾Ð½ÑÑÐ¾Ð»Ñ Ð½Ð°Ð´ ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð±Ð¸Ð½Ð°ÑÐ¸ÐµÐ¹ Ð¸Ð· ÑÑÑÑ
- [lg87] Graham Jenkins, ÐÑÐ¾Ð³ÑÐ°Ð¼Ð¼Ð° Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ð´ÐµÑÐ¶Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ ÑÐ¾ÐµÐ´Ð¸Ð½ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ, ÑÐ°Ð±Ð¾ÑÐ°ÑÑÐ°Ñ Ð³Ð´Ðµ ÑÐ³Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ð¾
- [lg85] Mike Orr, ÐÐ»ÑÐ¿Ð¾ÑÑÐ¸, ÐºÐ¾ÑÐ¾ÑÑÐµ Ð¼Ñ ÑÐ²Ð¾ÑÐ¸Ð¼ Ñ Ð½Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð¼Ð¸ ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð¿ÑÑÑÐµÑÐ°Ð¼Ð¸
- [lg82] Rob Tougher, ÐÐ¾Ðµ ÑÑÐºÐ¾Ð²Ð¾Ð´ÑÑÐ²Ð¾ Ð¿Ð¾ ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐ¾Ð²Ð¾Ð¹ ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¾Ð³ÑÐ°ÑÐ¸Ð¸
- [lg93] Graham Jenkins, hand-stamped
- [lg87] Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil, ÐÐ°Ðº Ñ ÑÐ¾Ð±ÑÐ°Ð» ÑÐ²Ð¾Ð¹ Debian-Ð´Ð¸ÑÑÑÐ¸Ð±ÑÑÐ¸Ð² Ð½Ð° Ð¾ÑÐ½Ð¾Ð²Ðµ Knoppix
- [lg87] Janine M Lodato, 3068441803
- [lg86] Vinayak Hedge, outside clinch
- [lg86] Mike ("Iron") Orr, ÐÐ»ÑÐ¿Ð¾ÑÑÐ¸, ÐºÐ¾ÑÐ¾ÑÑÐµ Ð¼Ñ ÑÐ²Ð¾ÑÐ¸Ð¼ Ñ Ð½Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð¼Ð¸ ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð¿ÑÑÑÐµÑÐ°Ð¼Ð¸
- [lg84] Vinayak Hegde, (579) 949-4249
- [lg83] Kamil Klimkiewicz, ÐÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ðµ Ð½ÐµÑÐºÐ¾Ð»ÑÐºÐ¸Ñ
Ð·Ð°Ð¿Ð¸ÑÐµÐ¹ ÑÐ»ÐµÐºÑÑÐ¾Ð½Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ Ð¿Ð¾ÑÑÑ Ð¿ÑÐ¸ ÑÐ°Ð±Ð¾ÑÐµ Ñ Mutt
- [lg83] A B Prasad, (816) 246-5403
- [lg83] Alan Ward, (708) 267-3130
- [lg82] Vasoo Veerapen, 3379900558
- [lg80] Mike Orr, ÐÐ»ÑÐ¿Ð¾ÑÑÐ¸, ÐºÐ¾ÑÐ¾ÑÑÐµ Ð¼Ñ Ð´ÐµÐ»Ð°ÐµÐ¼ Ñ Ð½Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð¼Ð¸ ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð¿ÑÑÑÐµÑÐ°Ð¼Ð¸
- [lg80] Mark Nielsen, Red Hat Ð¸ USB-ÑÑÑÑÐ¾Ð¹ÑÑÐ²Ð°
- [lg79] Matthias Arndt, unamused
- [lg79] Mark Nielsen, 712-923-3499
- [lg75] Mark Nielsen, GPL Ð¸Ð»Ð¸ BSD? ÐÐ°!
- [lg73] Matthias Arndt, 833-894-9366
- [lg71] Matthias Arndt, ÐÑÐµ Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ð° Ð¿ÑÐ¸ÑÐ¸Ð½Ð° Ð¿Ð¸ÑÐ°ÑÑ Ð¿ÑÐ¾Ð³ÑÐ°Ð¼Ð¼Ð½ÑÑ Ð´Ð¾ÐºÑÐ¼ÐµÐ½ÑÐ°ÑÐ¸Ñ
- [lg70] Thomas Adam, ÐÐ¾ÑÐºÑÐµÑÐ½Ð¾Ðµ Ð·Ð°Ð½ÑÑÐ¸Ðµ
- [lg70] Matthias Arndt, ÐÐ¾Ð´ÐºÐ»ÑÑÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Ð¼Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð½Ñ Atari ST, ÐºÐ°Ðº Linux ÑÐµÑÐ¼Ð¸Ð½Ð°Ð»Ð°
- [lg68] Subhasish Ghosh, ÐÐ¾Ð¼Ð¿Ð¸Ð»ÑÑÐ¸Ñ Ð¸ ÑÑÑÐ°Ð½Ð¾Ð²ÐºÐ° ÑÐ´ÑÐ° Linux
- [lg68] Jose Nazario, 909-376-1842
- [lg67] M. Fevola, (815) 607-2190
- [lg67] J. Nazario, ÐÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ðµ ssh-agent Ð¾Ñ SSH1 Ð¸ OpenSSH
- [lg67] M. Orr, ÐÑÐºÑÑÑÑÐ²Ð¾ ASCII Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð²Ð°ÑÐµÐ³Ð¾ ÑÐºÑÐ°Ð½Ð°
- [lg66] S. Ramasubramanian, ÐÐ¾ÑÑÐ±Ð° ÑÐ¾ ÑÐ¿Ð°Ð¼Ð¾Ð¼ Ð½Ð° Linux Ð¼Ð°ÑÐ¸Ð½Ðµ
- [lg65] R. Chan, Ð¡Ð¾Ð±ÑÑÐ²ÐµÐ½Ð½ÑÐ¹ Ð´Ð¾Ð¼ÐµÐ½ Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¼Ð¾ÑÑÑ ÑÐµÑ
- [lg65] P. Padala, Ð¢Ð°Ðº ÐÐ°Ð¼ Ð½ÑÐ°Ð²Ð¸ÑÑÑ ÑÐ²ÐµÑ!!!
- [lg65] Jason Steffler, harvest lady
- [lg64] Mark Fevola, ÐÑÐ¸ÑÐ¸ÑÐµÑÐºÐ¸Ðµ ÑÐ°Ð·Ð¼ÑÑÐ»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¾ Linux Router Project
- [lg64] Mark Nielsen, (516) 954-0752
`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter,
`you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'